We have been tasked with sourcing and experienced Claims Technician to join the ever growing team at this International Insurance organisation. You will be responsible for both D & F Claims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and process initial claim advices and process claims and billings in accordance with pre-determined departmental deadlines. Follow up and resolve outstanding issues.
- Identify and verify coverage for reported losses and identify / clarify / resolve existing and potential problems. Where necessary, refer / discuss problems with senior colleagues and / or claims advocates.
- Collate, analyse and process LOC agreements and ensure compliance with relevant regulations. Communicate, as required, with markets, banks and colleagies.Process the more complex queries between client and reinsurer, adhering to department procedures and client / department service standards.
- Where appropriate, act as a centre of excellence on complicated queries. Liaise with the Brokers and Advocates, as required.
- Check and analyse systems / reports to identify and target balances to be collected.
- Collect claim balances on assigned clients; provide reports / statements to clients, reinsurers and management, as deemed necessary.
- Arrange and attend audits with clients and reinsurers, when necessary, and update management with appropriate reports from such audits.
- Reconcile client and market accounts, update systems and assist Fiduciary department with cash application details.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent knowledge of Insurance and Reinsurance concepts, general accounting, business principles, especially those relevant to claims processing and collections.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. spreadsheet, word processing and mainframe applications).
- Excellent verbal and written skills for communication with clients, markets and R&Q colleagues at various levels.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability and willingness to work beyond own team.
- Proven knowledge of business principles and trends.
- Excellent ability to find creative solutions to problems, as they arise.
- Ability to coach and train colleagues.
- Willingness to travel.
- Working towards ACII or other insurance/reinsurance qualification is desirable.
If you feel you have the relevant experience then please click “Apply”