Our Client is truly one of its kind and are passionate and dedicated to delivering a first-class service to make a real difference to people’s lives. They require a Product Lead who will lead the procurement and implementation of a new multi-channel platform for their telephony, chat, email and video chat within the clients contact centre solution.
The client currently has a legacy telephony and webchat platform to provide advice to the public. They are embarking on a project to transform the use of these platforms, including procuring new telephony and webchat solutions and introducing video chat. The project will work closely with stakeholders from the nearly 300 independent organisations that make up the client’s organisation as well as with national stakeholders. The project objective is to transform the consumer experience over the next 2½ years on a service that serves 29 million clients, 6,500 advisers, and 800 staff every year.
The role is a great opportunity to be part of a major project where technology will truly be used for the greater good!
Experience of working in the Not for Profit / Charity sector is desirable but not essential.
- Lead and be responsible for an agile transformation of the client’s telephony, webchat, and video advice platforms to work for all users – clients, volunteers and staff.
- Lead the creation and evolution of the client’s remote advice platform vision, strategy, and objectives. Own the roadmap and determine priorities
- Lead a cross-functional product team including user research, design, data, development, and delivery
- Articulate the value of products and platforms
- Take a client-centred approach and coach other people across the organisation in how to deliver in this way
- Establish KPIs, measure impact and reporting on performance
- Balance needs of clients, the organisation and funders
- Collaborate with developers, technical architects, and DevOps engineers to deliver end-to-end service
- This role will work collaboratively with the Customer Journey team, the Data team, the Technology team, and Operational colleagues.
- Own the budget and discharge financial control responsibilities, supported by the project’s delivery manager.
- Prioritise spending based on return on investment and strategic intent for realisation of benefits.
- Lead procurement processes for new remote advice platforms, supported by the commercial team.
Skills and Experience
- Successful track record of leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver high transactional digital products and platforms using agile methodology in a large and complex organisation. This should include agile procurement experience and significant budget management.
- Change management – Able to manage changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation
- Technical understanding, especially of contact centre technology and platforms
- Extensive experience in understanding and balancing client, organisational, and technical needs and knowing how to balance these when setting product strategy and direction.
- Extensive experience of researching, prototyping, launching and scaling products, platforms, and end-to-end services from inception to live
- Ability to embody a product-mindset and be intensely user-focused, using qualitative and quantitative data to track progress against client outcomes.
- Significant experience working with APIs and microservices architecture, and managing the relationships between interdependent product and platform teams
- Commitment to sharing your knowledge, having mentored and coached others. Embrace the value that comes from working in the open and sharing with other organisations
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to persuade and negotiate with stakeholders of all levels, including CEO, board and trustee level, including communicating methodologies and projects to a diverse, non-expert audience who may be sceptical of a user-first or agile approach.