THIS ROLE IS WORKING FROM HOME WITH ATTENDENCE AT OFFICE TWICE A WEEK
We are currently recruiting for a Premium Processing Technician to join an expanding team based in Essex. You will be responsible for premiums, claims and collections between Cedant and Reinsurer on Excess of Loss and / or Proportional Treaty accounts of varied complexity including MGA Bordereaux and, where applicable, process Letter of Credit (LOC) requests. Ensure all service standards are met and seek to increase client service and revenue through timely and accurate premium, claims and collection service. Ensure that Corporate compliance standards are adhered to and performance objectives met in accordance with client and business needs.
- Review and process premium, initial and subsequent claim advices and process premium, claims and billings in accordance with pre-determined departmental deadlines. Follow up and resolve outstanding issues.
- Identify, resolve or clarify existing issues and potential problems with the client. Seek guidance from senior colleagues as required.
- Request and secure LOC agreements where relevant and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Process queries between client and Reinsurer, adhering to department procedures and client/department service standards.
- Assist Fiduciary in the process of identifying outstanding balances on assigned accounts and assist with providing reports / statements to clients, Reinsurer’s and management. Must be able to check and analyse systems / reports.
- Assist Fiduciary with cash application details and help to reconcile client and market accounts and update systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external key contacts and, where appropriate, participate in meetings
- Participate in outsourced activity at the office of the customer, where reasonable.
- Develop and maintain specific industry sector skills required to enhance service and support customer relationships.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share ideas, knowledge and experience. maximise opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided on accounts.
- Support, assist and give guidance to other colleagues, if required. Support team by maintaining colleague’s workloads in their absence.
- Maintain filing and records in accordance with departmental procedures and best practices.
- Understand and contribute to the achievement of the department’s Key Performance Indicators and Service Standards and adhere to the relevant Business Controls.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and achieve own goals and objectives.
- Take responsibility for development of own personal skills and competencies in line with any agreed development plan.
- Support department activities to comply with FCA and other industry regulatory requirements.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Proven knowledge of insurance and reinsurance concepts, general accounting, business principles, especially those relevant to claims processing and collections.
- Strong ability to work in a team.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. spreadsheet, word processing and mainframe applications).
- Good verbal and written skills for communication with clients, markets and R&Q colleagues at various levels.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to find creative solutions to problems, as they arise.
Educational / Experience
- 5 GCSEs grades A to C, including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Working towards ACII or other insurance/reinsurance qualification desirable.
If you feel you have the relevant expereince then please apply