We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our expanding team of Loss Adjusters in Scotland.
What we’re looking for:
Joining as our latest Loss Adjuster means that you’ll handle a range claims of varying complexity and value; and you’ll enjoy working to a broad and busy case-load, and be motivated by every day being different. So, you’ll need to come to us with a strong background in both Domestic and Commercial claims, and the appetite to operate in a remote team in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment.
It’s a busy role, with a broad range of responsibilities, but the fundamentals include:
- Having a detailed knowledge of Building structures including foundations, walls, spanning members their performance and the nature of building materials and material pathology such as freeze-thaw cycle, moisture gradients, rising damp, creep, chemical attack.
The skills and qualities you’ll need:
- Have a thorough understanding of the nature of building defects and their causes.
- Be able to correctly diagnose defects and be able to identify the most appropriate remedial action
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the insurable peril – Subsidence Heave and Landslip and if role appropriate accurately apply policy wording to building claims
- Have detailed knowledge of Contractors All Risks, Business Interruption and SME claims settlement
- Have a thorough knowledge of CDM Regulations and Party Wall Act
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of Contents claims handling
- Be familiar with restoration procedures and processes following Fire and Flood and similar related incidents
- Demonstrate applied understanding of the legal principles giving rise to subrogation and achieve successful recoveries