The role involves the investigation of first and third party property claims on-site, reporting to instructing insurers and managing such claims to an economic conclusion within strict compliance and SLA’s.
This role has an emphasis in dealing with more technically advanced insurance claims referred by the registration unit and involves visiting policyholders, either domestic or commercial policyholders, in order to investigate and settle claims.
The role entails ensuring that claims are settled in accordance with our Principals’ instructions but also handling the claim in the most effective and efficient method possible to further advance the reputation of the Thornton Group.
This individual will have autonomy within a given structure to ensure a portfolio of claims is handled to an acceptable level of performance as judged by the directors and the audit process.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work to achieve agreed activity levels with the intention of continuously reducing WIP throughout the year.
• Process all invoices and approve estimates within 5 working days of receipt/agreement.
• Full completion of all prepared site note templates and associated documentation.
• Ensure that the data entered into claims systems is accurate at all times.
• Assist in maintaining accurate management information by updating systems.
• Understand relevant management information and use to prioritise tasks.
• Take responsibility for maintaining file process and associated documentation.
• Reduce elapsed timescales by providing and fostering a pro-active approach to file management.
• Identify cases of possible fraud and recoveries and manage as appropriate.
• Work to ensure correct policy interpretation and validation.
• Prepare, check and authorise appropriate reports for clients in accordance with agreed SLAs and formats.
• Ensure files are up to quality and audit standards at all times.
• Pro-actively update customers and clients where necessary in accordance with agreed client SLAs.
• Take responsibility for following agreed/documented procedures when dealing with problems and complaints.
• Build good working relationships with clients and staff, internal and external to the Davies group
Skills & Experience:
• Evidence of previous claims handling or other relevant experience together with qualification at minimum competency level (e.g., CIP as a minimum).
• Confident with technology, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Willingness and ability to learn new applications and IT systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrable experience of organizing and managing own workload is essential.
• Accuracy, attention to detail and an analytical approach.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment where flexibility is required to accommodate peaks and troughs in workload.
• Excellent time management to be able to work to short/changing deadlines.
• Self-motivated and able to work on own.
• Able to effectively delegate work to others.
• Understand importance of Business Development function and working with clients.
• Ability to contribute to a high performance/effective team.
• Holds or is working towards recognized professional qualifications, with Minimum Competency being an essential requirement
• Being prepared to work nationally on occasion with overnight stays.
• Being prepared to work on standby on a rota and during busy times at weekends and public bank holidays.
• Being prepared to adhere to company expense policies (e.g. paying and claiming for own travel.
• National flexibility/willingness to relocate.
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy benefits such as above-statutory holidays, pension, life assurance, travel loans, access to training and professional qualifications, Corporate Social Responsibility events, Innovation Lab programmes, Company Incentive Programme, Employee Assistance Programme, and other wellbeing services such as Headspace app membership…. And much more!
Take your first step towards joining us and click “Apply Now”.