IT Automation Engineer – Fully remote working
As Automation Engineer you will be responsible for duties within Morpheus project and IT function. You will drive Continual Service Improvement within IT and projects teams by the exploitation of automation, identity and authentication management, and self-service tools. You will also create innovative solutions to support cybersecurity initiatives and projects. The Automation Engineer provides technical consultancy, support, and guidance for implementation of automated solutions.
Day-to-day activities can include developing and implementing automated solutions to support project and group functions; troubleshooting issues relating to automations, identity management and other software tools; Delivery of project objectives; Utilize ServiceNow and automation to deliver self service offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage of Automation platforms such as MS Orchestrator, MS SCCM, ServiceNow and OKTA to enhance the IT Services provided to projects and other IT admin functions where needed.
- Adhering to service management principles, provide technical support, acting as escalation point for any issues highlighted by the IT Support Teams, ensuring timely resolution and regular communication to customers throughout.
- Pro-active monitoring and fault finding of automation infrastructure, ensuring the availability, integrity, performance, resilience and documentation of automations and systems through a process of continual improvement.
- Design, implementation, testing and documentation of new processes.
- Assist other teams within the IT Department as required.
- Assist in the implementation, enforcement and review of Group information security policies with the Cyber Security Team.
- Timely escalation of issues to IT management.
- Support junior staff by way of coaching and Knowledge transfer.
- Work in a DevOps environment
- Be a subject matter expert and advisor to our IT teams for best practices and best-fit solutions in automation, identity management, and self-service
- You will work closely with Project Managers and other IT teams to ensure IT objectives are achieved
- Maintain and instil a continuous improvement mindset across the Solutions Consultancy team.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong experience in one of the following disciplines:
- Okta (or other Identity Management tools)
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
- ServiceNow development and implementation
- Microsoft Systems Centre Orchestrator or other automation toolsets
- Experience of DevOps environment
- Experience of Microsoft System Centre Manager.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of requirements capture
- Supporting complex and varied technology issues.
- Highly focused customer service approach with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities to tight deadlines.
- Strong Stakeholder management with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to problem solving.
- Flexible and approachable.
- You are self-motivated, result driven and business oriented.
Who are Davies Group?
A specialist professional services and technology firm working in partnership with leading insurance, highly regulated and global businesses, with a global team of more than 5,000 professionals operating across the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada & Bermuda.
Are you a Davies Person?
All Davies Group employees need to be able to demonstrate our Big IDEA; Inspire, Deliver, Empower and Aspire. It is essential all employees embed these behaviours in line with their job role.