My client is seeking individuals with IBA/Credit Control experience to provide a professional, effective and proactive accounting service in respect of business transacted with clients and markets on a variety of globally based accounts.
You will be required to carry out credit control of receivable balances, allocation of receipts, settlement of payable balances and maintenance of reconciled fiduciary accounts. Ensure that Corporate compliance standards are adhered to and performance objectives met in accordance with client and business needs. Manage workload in a manner that makes a significant contribution to the department’s key business objectives.
- Ensure work is handled effectively and promptly in accordance with pre-determined department deadlines. Demonstrate flexibility in approach and follow up to achieve resolution of outstanding issues
- Manage and prioritise workload within own portfolio to meet predetermined deadlines.
- Support existing and future revenue opportunities through professional communication and conduct with the client, internal contacts and the virtual team.
- Maintain filing and records in accordance with departmental procedures and best practices.
- Assist with reviews of fiduciary records by providing accurate analysis of own accounts. Undertake follow up work on results to determine appropriate courses of action and satisfactory solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, statistics and management information, as required.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share ideas, knowledge and experience.
- Communicate with clients and internal colleagues to obtain prompt collection of receivable balances or gain agreement to the settlement of payable balances.
- Develop and maintain specific industry sector skills required to enhance service and support customer relationships.
- Take responsibility for development of own personal skills and competencies in line with any agreed development plan and / or stated regulatory requirements.
- Support department activities to comply with FCA and other industry regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to E&O and Compliance standards; Safety, Health and Environment Policy and departmental procedures, guidelines and business controls.
- Achieve own goals and objectives and perform other job-related duties as assigned, e.g. fiduciary role in a virtual team, participation in group and project work, support manager.
- Personally promote and maintain relationships with internal and external key contacts. Participate in meetings with clients and markets to build relationships, understand their issues, resolve problems and review working practices.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have the following experience.
- Experience of working in a previous IBA/Credit Control role.
- Knowledge of Insurance and (Re) Insurance concepts, general accounting, trends and business principles relevant to fiduciary accounting.
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Posses strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems as they arise.
- Strong problem solving skills, including aged items
If you feel that you have the required experience, then please apply.